Is your Organization HIPAA Compliant?
- Do you have a Security Official?
- Do you have a list of all mobile devices with access to your secure information?
- Do you have security policies, written, which document how you safeguard privacy for your health care operations in regard to business associate agreements?
- Do you have an inventory of computer systems that have access to your secure information?
- Have you performed and documented a security risk assessment?
- Have all employees had security training?
- Do you have a process in place for assigning unique user IDs?
Penalties for not Being HIPAA Compliant!
A person or company who obtains individually identifiable health information relating to an individual; or discloses individually identifiable health information to another person, shall be penalized. They can be fined up to $50,000, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both; if the offense is committed under false pretenses, be fined up to $100,000, imprisoned up to 5 years, or both; and if the offense is committed with intent to sell, transfer, or use individually identifiable health information for commercial advantage, personal gain, or malicious harm, be fined up to $250,000, imprisoned up to 10 years, or both.
How can eWranglers help?
HIPAA Working Group including Security Risk Assessment and Essential Security Services
HIPAA Working Group is:
- A working group of professional medical Office Administrators, Privacy Officers and Business Associates interested in successful compliance with HIPAA.
- A step by step framework and roadmap for getting your office compliant with HIPAA.
- Twice monthly online meetings led by Certified Information Systems Security Professional Stephen Zetzer.
- A library of sample policies and procedures that you can modify for use in your compliance strategy.
- Coaching and Q&A with the group leader and group members.
- This is your best chance to be successful with your HIPAA compliance objectives.